Best Waxing Tips – From a Waxing Salon
We have all had crappy waxing experiences. When it comes to the best waxing salon experience what really makes a good waxing salon stand out? And how can you avoid a bad waxing salon at all costs?
A good waxing experience comes down to trust, support, technique, wax quality and likability of your waxing salon specialist.
1. Hot Waxing Salon – Get warm down there!
Make sure your waxing salon uses ONLY or mostly warm/ hot wax during your Brazilian wax.
After years of testing and feedback we all agree that a Brazilian Wax should be done with Hot/Warm Wax Only. Unless there are tiny little fluffy hairs that sometimes struggle to be removed by hot wax. But in general Hot/ Warm wax is a lot gentler. Hot Wax warms the hair follicle allowing the hairs to pop out easier.
Don’t be scared to ask the Waxing Salon when you book an appointment if they use Hot Wax during a Brazilian it’s YOUR comfort that is at stake!
2. Eyebrows are an ART – don’t leave them to just anyone
I wish I had a dollar for every eyebrow fit up, rescue and reshape from desperate clients from other waxing salons!
When it comes to your face, don’t let anyone touch a hair before they take the time to discuss what shape you are after during a brow consultation. Brow consultation should only take a few minutes. A good waxing specialist will offer you a mirror as she takes time to chat about your brows, what you like, what you don’t and together agree on what the outcome of today’s session should be.
If your not confident before the wax goes on ask her to explain what she is going to do today.
WARNING: Don’t lay there without asking because you risk having too much brow removed, not the right shape achieved, or a mini first world disaster occurring, which could take months to repair. Better to chat before rip!!!
3. It’s not just a pair of DD’s that need good support
No one wants to feel like their skin is being ripped off.
A good amount of hand support in the right position is super important during a visit to your local waxing salon.
Not all waxing specialists will support your skin correctly or at all. Once again when you notice they are not supporting your skin in the area that is being waxed, just ask kindly that they support your skin. Good support helps protect your skin from rips, and it also hurts less when the waxing specialist holds your skin firmly each time before she removes the wax.
Before Waxing Salon Checklist
- Hair should be at least ¼ inch long. (About the length of a grain of rice)
- It’s best to avoid creams or lotions being applied to the area on the day of your waxing appointment.
- Absolutely NO Sunbathing 24 hours before or after your waxing salon treatment, as this can cause the skin to lift.
- Gently exfoliate your skin the day or night before your wax.
After Waxing Salon Checklist
- Do not use products on the waxed area until the following day.
- Avoid swimming pools, saunas, hot tubs or excessive sweating for 24 hours after your wax.
- No sunbathing 24 hours before or after your wax as irritations and burns can occur.
- Keep hair follicles clean by showering immediately after exercise.
- Moisturise daily to keep skin supple and help prevent ingrown hairs.
- Exfoliating should be preformed 2-3 times a week starting 3 days after your wax to help prevent ingrown hairs.
Ingrown Hairs – are totally not cool
Ingrown hairs can be very painful and unsightly. Caused by a build up of skin in the hair follicle which forces the hair inside to grow sideways or back down. Ingrown’s are common and should be treated topically with a good after care routine and assisted by your waxing specialist in safe removal.
Lather up with Moisturiser
Moisturising helps keep the skin hydrated and flake free improving the elasticity and protection of bacteria penetrating the skins surface. It helps to hydrate the skin preventing itching and ingrown hairs, allowing for a smooth wax finish.
Our human body naturally exfoliates itself, by creating new cells that rise to the surface shedding the dead cells as it goes.
The exfoliation process helps speed up the removal of the layers of dead skin. Regular exfoliation keeps your skin looking fresh and blemish free from ingrown hairs and allows new hair to lift away from the surface.
Exfoliate in the shower gently daily or a little more intensely a few times a week.
Reflections Waxing Salon Williamstown Melbourne